Christmas 2022 LOUISIANA COB LOAF
- 1 large cob loaf
- 1 pkt Dan & Steph Three Aussie Farmer Louisiana Sausages Skins taken off – rolled into small meat balls
- 150 g butter
- 3 cloves garlic chopped
- 250 g cream cheese softened
- 250 g sour cream
- 3 green shallots chopped
- small bunch of fresh parsley chopped
- 200 g mozzarella grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- Preheat the oven on to 180°c & line tray with baking paper.
- Cut the top from the loaf & scoop out the soft bread from the centre leaving a 2cm shell of crust.
- Cut the soft bread & the top into 3cm pieces & arrange in a single layer on the tray.
- Combine the melted butter with the garlic & 1/2 the parsley & mix well.
- Brush some of the butter over the bread pieces to coat well. Cook for 15 minutes or until golden & crunchy.
- Brush the inside of the cob with half of the remaining butter
- In a large fry pan add some spray oil & then fry off the sausage meat balls until almost all cooked – allow to cool slightly & then pour them & the oils into a bowl
- Place the cream cheese & sour cream into the bowl & mix
- Add the shallots, extra parsley, the raw sausage pieces & 1/2 of the cheeses & mix well.
- Place the cob loaf on baking tray & spoon the cheese mixture into the cob – top with remaining cheese
- Pour the remaining butter over the cob, allowing some to drizzle around the outside of the bread then bake until golden brown on top
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!