Christmas 2022 SAUSAGE APPLE & SAGE STRUDEL
- 1 pkt Dan & Steph Three Aussie Farmer Farmhouse Sausages skins removed
- 1 small onion finely diced
- 1 green apple peeled, cored & cut into chunks
- 5 sheets filo pastry
- 1/2 bunch fresh sage finely chopped
- 60 g butter melted
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Heat oven to 180 degrees C
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Heat some olive oil in a small frypan and gently fry the onion and apple for 6-8 mins, stirring regularly, until softened and lightly browned. Leave to cool for 5 mins
- Place 1 sheet of pastry on your bench, with the short end closest to you, and brush lightly with butter ,top with the rest of the sheets brushing with butter in between
- Squeeze the sausage meat from the skins into a large bowl.
- Add the onion, apple and sage, and mix well.
- Form the pork mixture into a large sausage shape and place across the pastry, allowing space at either end to fold up & wrap like a parcel
- Fold up the bottom of the pastry until it begins to cover the filling, then fold in the sides. Roll the pastry from the bottom, gently but firmly, to enclose the filling
- Place on the baking tray and brush with the remaining butter – sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for 30 mins or until the filling is cooked and the pastry is golden brown and crisp
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!