Moroccan Sweet Potatoes
- 1-3 medium sweet potatoes – cut in half lengthwise, skin on
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2-3 Dan & Steph Three Aussie Farmer Spicy Sicilian sausages, skins off
- 1/2 apple, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 2 tbs Morrocan spice mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 2 tsp 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 bunch 1 bunch chopped coriander, divided
- 1/2 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamias
Smoked yogurt drizzle
- 1/2 cup yoghurt
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch salt to taste
- Preheat Ziggy BBQ to 200c
- Cut sweet potatoes in half & in some foil add some olive oil, salt & Moroccan spices – wrap up & place into the Ziggy for 20mins or until tender
- While sweet potatoes are roasting, saute onion and sausage meat in some olive oil in a large pan over medium high heat for 2-3 minutes. turn heat down to medium.
- Add garlic, apple & then add chickpeas and Moroccan spice salt and pepper. Continue cooking a few more minutes. Stir in maple syrup.
- When sweet potatoes are tender arrange on a plater & scatter the filling over the sweet potatoes
- To make the smoked yoghurt and all ingredients together in a bowl and mix well then put to the side until sweet potatoes are ready for dressing
- Garnish with rest of coriander , spring onions and macadamias then drizzle smoked yogurt.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!