- 1/2 tsp saffron
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 1 pkt Dan & Steph Three Aussie Farmer Sausages any flavour
- 1 onion diced
- 1 green capsicum diced
- 4 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 punnet cherry tomatoes cut in half
- 1 tbs tomato paste
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 200 g aborio rice
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 lemon to serve
- fresh parsley to serve
- In a large bowl place stock and saffron, leave to infuse.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil in a large frying pan on medium heat.
- Cut the sausages into small chunks and fry for about 5 minutes until starting to brown on all sides.
- Transfer the sausage pieces a bowl and save for later
- Pour a little more oil into the pan and add the finely chopped onion. Fry for a few minutes and then add the crushed garlic and chopped capsicum –
After a few minutes add chopped cherry tomatoes, tomato puree and smoked paprika
- Stir and leave to cook for a couple of minutes
- Next add the rice. Stir and once the rice is translucent on the edges add the saffron infused stock
- Let gently simmer for 10 minutes without stirring it. Stir once and leave for a further 10 minutes
- Add the frozen peas and sausage and stir
- Taste and check the rice is cooked, it should still have a bit of bite but be soft on the outside. Season with salt and pepper
- Squeeze juice from the lemon and topped with parsley
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!