Sausages, Rosti & Sauerkraut
- 700 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp caraway seeds
- 250 g each green and red cabbage roughly shredded
- 1 carrot peeled, cut into thin batons
- 3/4 bunch dill plus extra sprigs to serve
- 600 g sebago potatoes peeled, grated
- 300 g sweet potato peeled, grated
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 tbs plain flour
- 1/2 bunch chives finely chopped, plus extra to serve
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup 95g Dijon mustard
- little olive oil
- 1. Preheat oven to 200 degrees C
- 2. Sauerkraut – Place the vinegar, 2 cups water and caraway seeds in a medium-large saucepan over high heat.
- 3. Bring to the boil, then add the cabbage and carrot, and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Remove from the heat and add half the dill, then season with salt and set aside to cool completely
- 4. Rosti – squeeze out any excess moisture from the grated potatoes. Place in a bowl with the egg, flour and half the chives, season with salt and pepper and mix well to combine – Transfer the mixture into a lightly greased 26cm x 36cm baking pan and press down gently to make an even layer – bake in oven for 45mins to an hour until crispy
- 5. Preheat your Weber Traveller to high & oil – Arrange sausages into a coil and secure with 2 skewers to keep in place – roast on the Weber Traveler for 8-10mins each side – until cooked all way through
- 5. Herb mustard, chop the remaining dill tips and stir through the mustard, along with the remaining chives.
- 5. Scatter extra dill over the sausages and serve with sauerkraut and herb mustard on the side
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!