- 220 g plain flour
- 100 g semolina
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 100 g unsalted butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1/2 cup macadamias,
- 3 tbs 3 tbs lemon myrtle powder
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 2 cups brown sugar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 3cm piece ginger, grated
- 4 4 cardamom pods
- 1/4 cup lemon myrtle tea leaves
Sweet Potato Ice Cream
- 2 cups thickened cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups sweet potato mash – make sure you bake your sweet potatoes in a hot oven until soft
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbs ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tbs ground ginger
- Make your sweet potato ice cream – Whip cream in a bowl with beaters or in a stand mixer until the cream holds stiff peaks
- Add the condensed milk and vanilla and continue to whip until the mixture returns to holding stiff peaks
- Pour half of the mixture into a medium bowl.
- Add cinnamon and ginger and gently fold the sweet potato mash until completely combined.
- Line a loaf tin with baking paper and pour the ice cream mixture in alternating between vanilla and sweet potato as you go.
- Cover with wrap and freeze over night until completely set.
- For the cookie – Preheat Ziggy BBQ on low to medium heat or your oven 180 degrees or use your oven
- Beat the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add each egg one at a time and beat well
- Sift the flour, semolina and baking powder together
- Add the lemon myrtle, chopped macadamias & cranberries to the flour mixture and with a spatula mix together until it forms a ball
- In a large greased skillet push in the dough in and place in the Ziggy BBQ on a rack and close lid
- Bake for 18-20 minutes
- Make spiced caramel – on a pot add the cream & all the spices & allow to bring to boil & then take off heat & allow to infuse & cool down for 10mins
- In another pot add the brown sugar & lemon juice over medium heat & allow the sugar to melt
- Strain the infused cream into the sugar while still on the heat & whisk well.
- Keep on heat for 5mins until it becomes golden & thick
- Serve the cooking warm with ice cream & caramel and why not some gold leaf
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!