Sweet Hamy Popcorn
2 tbs olive oil 150g ham, finely diced 80g popping corn kernels 3 tbs honey 150g caster sugar 130g unsalted butter 120g salted macadamia nuts, roughly chopped Method
- In a large fry pan – fry the bacon rashers until very well browned & crispy – remove & drain on paper towel – reserving the bacon fat from the pan – pour this into the large saucepan you will be popping the popcorn in
- Line 2 large flat trays – To the bacon fat add the olive oil & over medium to high heat – add the popcorn kernels & shake to coat them in the oils – shake over heat until the kernels all stop popping – pour onto the trays
- In a saucepan again add the honey, sugar & butter over low heat – swirl until the butter melts & sugar dissolves – increase heat to high & boil for 5mins without stirring – until it becomes a golden caramel – remove from heat
- Stir in the chopped macadamias & bacon pieces to the caramel & then pour over the popcorn well & coat – allow to cool for 30mins
- Break into pieces to serve
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!