Sweet Potato Feta & Spinach “sausage” rolls
- 1 large sweet potato peeled & cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 onion finely diced
- 1 small bag baby spinach
- 200 g Danish feta crumbled
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary chopped fine
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- 1 free range egg beaten
- 1 tbs sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees & line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- Place the sweet potato on trays & bake for 20-30mins until cook & then remove & add to a bowl
- In a large fry pan add some olive oil & add onion & rosemary- cook until soft & then add spinach to wilt – add to the bowl
- Increase oven to 200 degrees C
- Add feta to the mixture & add a pinch of salt & pepper
- Cut each sheet of pastry in half. Place one quarter of the sweet potato mixture in a log shape along one long edge. Brush the opposite long edge with egg. Roll up to enclose.
- Cut each roll into 3 pieces and place seam-side down on the prepared trays. Repeat with the remaining sweet potato mixture and pastry
- Brush pastry with egg and sprinkle with sesame seeds then bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!