Sweet Potato Gado Gado
- 4 Free range organic eggs Hard boiled, peeled & halved.
- 250 g Extra firm tofu Cubed.
- 1 Roasted Sweet Potato Sliced or cubed.
- 1/4 Purple cabbage Finely Sliced.
- 125 g Bean sprouts
- 125 g Green beans Split or chopped.
- 12 Cherry tomatoes Halved.
- 1/2 bunch Fresh coriander or micro coriander
Gado Gado Sauce
- 100 g Roasted peanuts
- 3 tbsp Sweet soy
- 1 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 300 ml Coconut milk
- 1 inch Piece of ginger
- 4 Red chillies Optional.
- 4 Spring onions Roughly chopped.
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 3 Bay leaves Fresh or dry.
- 4 Kaffir lime leaves
- Preheat oven 200°C and line a flat tray with paper & add the sliced or cubed roast sweet potato & cook until fork tender – You can use left over roasted sweet for this & then char it back on the Ziggy BBQ for extra flavour.
- Place the eggs in a pot of water and bring to a boil for 7 minutes then wait to cool then peel.
- While sweet potatoes are cooking – PReheat the BBQ to high – Spray with oil & add the cubed tofu – Add some Balinese spices if you like, char on both sides & then remove – Set aside.
Gado Gado Sauce
- Place all the ingredients into a processor & blend on high for 5-6 minutes until it forms a smooth paste – Taste & season.
- To serve arrange the cabbage on a large serving plate. Topped with bean sprouts, green beans, tomatoes, sweet potato, tofu cubes and slices of hard-boiled eggs. Pour the sauce on top of the salad right before serving.
- Garnish with fresh coriander.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!